TGIF! Well, have you tried any of the new folds that I’ve shared here on the blog? Sharon and I are scouring Pinterest for ideas and this is what we came up with this week. We only had to watch the video a couple of times to make sure we got the measurements right!
This Magic Envelope card was a lot of fun. It reminds me of the fold-it-notes that I used to get from Current to send my aunt & uncle letters when I was a child.
The flap folds over and a stamp will secure the closure, you can use a label or hand write your address on the front. The actual card is just a decorated flat…I spruced mine up a bit with Regatta Complements and stamps from the My Anchor stamp set.
Here’s the how to:
- You will need the Diagonal Scoring insert for your Scoring Board
- With an 8.5 X 11 piece of CS score on the 8.5 side at 1 5/8″
- Turn CS 180 degrees and score on the 4″
- Turn counter clockwise (this is important or your stamp ends up in the wrong place) score at 2 3/4″ and 9 1/8″
- Turn 180 degrees and score at 6 1/8″
- Your paper will now have three folds on one side and two folds on the other.
- On the side with two folds – fold in the large flap and then fold in the small flap- use your bone folder to get a good crease
- Then fold up from the bottom
- Fold from the bottom a second time and then you should just have the small stamp area to fold over at the top.
If you have any questions please feel free to message me. I’d love to see what you try…leave me a comment with a link to your artwork and I’ll come take a peek!