Welcome back to Featured Friday. This week I’m coming to you from a temporary studio in soggy Oregon 🙂 As we were packing to leave town I grabbed my Penelope Paper packet and Complements, my Shin Han Markers, the March Stamp of the Month Sunshine Birdies and a few other supplies to keep myself occupied while my Wrangler wearing sweetheart was in his business meetings.
I knew I wanted to share this cute Quarter Fold Card with you as it is simple and done with limited supplies. Closed the card resembles a flat box with the tops folded in and secured. Open it has a place to write a note, stamp a sentiment or in my case just give a canvas for some additional artwork.
Before I give you the instructions I wanted to share a close up of the complements cluster. Both the Flower Stickease and the Vellum Hello are from the Penelope Complements and the little silver arrow is from the Playful Puffies, they coordinate quite nicely with the silver accents on the vellum.
- Cut your cardstock bases 4 3/16 X 11 and 5 7/16 X 8 1/2
- Score the 4 3/16 piece 2 3/4″ from each end.
- Score the 5 7/16 piece 2 1/8″ from each end.
- Adhere one card inside the other with a strong adhesive (it doesn’t matter which is inside)
- Cut your inside piece to 3 3/4 X 5 and decorate as desired and adhere to the inside.
- Fold the corners of the card in so that each has a corner showing (like you would to secure a box closed)
- Adhere B&T paper 1 3/4 X 2 3/8 to the corners of your card front.
- Decorate the outside as desired.
I hope this has given you inspiration to try a new card fold. I’d love to see what you do, so leave me a link to your creation in the comments section.
See you next week.